Fall Intensive English Program
DATES: August 27 - December 14, 2018
EFL Program Tuition and Fees: $9,278*
*Note that the application form lists the EFL Program Tuition and Fees in addition to additional university fees. To read about additional fees per program click here.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 15, 2018
Features of the Program
- Study in small classes.
- Learn from experienced and dedicated faculty.
- Focus on overall fluency in English while improving your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Work with students from over 30 countries.
- Language partners
- Access DC cultural activities
- Interact DC guest speakers
Sample Schedule (Advanced)
|9-11||Reading, writing, research||Reading, writing, research||Reading, writing, research||Reading, writing, research||Reading, writing, research|
|University Applications Workshop
|1-3||Listening, speaking||Elective||Listening, speaking||Elective||Listening, speaking|
- University Application Workshops: These consist of information sessions and individual counseling for students planning to apply to U.S. colleges and universities. Students will identify appropriate colleges, write personal statements, and gather and submit required documents to complete the application process.
- Pronunciation Workshops: Practice the sounds and rhythms of English.
- Writing Workshops: Work on specific writing needs.
- Coffee Hour: Students and faculty gather for conversation at this popular weekly event hosted by the EFL office.
- Grammar Troublespots
- American Culture through the Movies
- American Culture through TV
- American Politics
- Business Negotiations