American Language & Culture Program
DATES: January 8 - February 2, 2018
COST: $2650 for additional costs click here.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 10, 2017
Features of the Program
- Focus is on communication skills through an introduction to American culture and orientation to Washington, D.C.
- Morning classes develop listening and speaking skills.
- Afternoon classes focus on cross-cultural communication through field trips, class assignments and individual projects.
- Designed for students with intermediate or advanced level English ability.
|9-11||Reading, writing, research||Reading, writing, research||Reading, writing, research||Reading, writing, research||Reading, writing, research|
|University Applications Workshop
|1-3||Listening, speaking||Listening, speaking||Listening, speaking||Listening, speaking||Listening, speaking|
- University Application Workshops: Information sessions and individual counseling for students planning to apply to U.S. colleges and universities. Identify appropriate colleges, write personal statements, and gather and submit required documents to complete the application process.
- Pronunciation Workshops: Practice the sounds and rhythms of English.
- Writing Workshops: Work on specific writing needs.
- Coffee Hour: Students and faculty gather for conversation at this popular weekly event hosted by the EFL office.