Welcome to Georgetown EFL!
we have moved to a new location! our new office is located at the Georgetown university school of continuing studies campus in the heart of DC! click here for more information (the 'about' tab shows a map).
Click here for answers to frequently asked questions about the January 27th White House Executive Order on immigration.
The mission of the Intensive English Program at Georgetown University is to provide quality language instruction and cultural orientation to students who require English for their academic, professional or personal needs. The program supports students with different language backgrounds and learning styles by helping them acquire:
- the ability to use English effectively when speaking, listening, reading and writing
- the ability to communicate in culturally appropriate ways
- an awareness of the distinctive qualities of American culture in comparison with their own and other cultures
Live and Study in Washington DC
Features of our Intensive English Programs include:
- Experienced, dedicated faculty
- A focus on improving overall fluency in English
- Organized cultural activities
- Workshops on pronunciation, writing, TOEFL and college applications
- Campus resources including library and gym
- A vibrant university community
- Proximity to museums and historical sites
Come see what we have to offer!